Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chenille Face Washers

A few months back I bought some Bubbachenille face washers from Handmade Heaven in Ipswich, Qld. I really love using them, they are so soft and lovely.

I decided that I needed to buy some Chenille to make some myself. It is really hard to find Chenille in Qld but I finally found some at The Handmade Expo in Ipswich. The Handmade Expo is a market which is held once a month. All stalls must consist of handmade or home grown goods only.



I bought 6 chenille fat quarters. I decided the other day that I needed to get the facewashers made up before I stored the fabric in my cupboard as if the fabric got to the cupboard they would sit there for months.


So on the weekend I cut and sewed all the chenille and now I have 12 lovely face washers to keep and give away. I was so impressed with myself.

3 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Those are lovely - and will be fantastic gifts.
I am just trying to find time to knit some out of cotton.... and those look great. Is the chenille hand made then? I have a 'chenille knife cutter' which I thought was going to be an amazing purchase - this idea could give it a purpose in life.
Hugz

Anonymous said...

They look great and what a wonderful idea....

Jeni said...

Well done ...love the colours....
must go to the Markets Do you think they are worth the drove????
Hugs
Jeni