Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Bag for Sera

When my Mum was visiting in August she asked me to make a bag for her neighbour Sera. Sera and her husband do a lot for my Mum, taking her to Church, helping with any heavy housework etc so I thought it would be nice to make her a bag.
I decided to cover a Coles recyclable bag because it was ging to be quick and easy.



Sera loves bright colours and I had these 3 fat quarters in my stash so thought they were the ideal fabrics for her bag.

As I hadn't made one of these bags before and had no pattern I went to my local shop in Beenleigh and got June to teach me how to make it. It was really easy and only took me 4 hrs to make.



I gave the bag to Mum last weekend at my neice's wedding in Nundle (yes, I did drop in to see Kerry at Cottage on the Hill).
I just hope Sera likes the bag when Mum gives it to her.

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

nice bag....good that you got to drop into Kerry's.......

Jeni said...

love the bag
your mum would have been happy..and eager to go shopping now>>>>

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Lovely colours.