Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures



This week's Tuesday's Treasure is something that I have only just been given but it has sentimental value.

It is a diamond and sapphire ring that my mother gave me on Sunday when she came up from Sydney for a 2 week holiday.

It was my Grandma's ring. My Grandma was my father's mother and she lived in England so I only met her 3 times. I had 2 wonderful visits in England with her, the last one being when I was 21 years old. I spent 2 months with her and really got to know her. She was a very gentle, kind, loving woman and my father took after her in so many ways.

She also came out to Australia and spent her 92nd birthday here in 1988. She got to meet grandchildren and great grandchildren, including my son, that she had never met before.

I remember her wearing this ring when she went out. It is very special and will be cherished by me and I will always remember her when I wear it.


Don't forget to visit Clare's blog.

2 comments:

Janice said...

What a very precious thing to own. I'm sure she will feel very near to you whenever you wear her ring.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry I missed this beautiful treasure last week , how lovely !