Saturday, July 31, 2010

Small Quilt

On Thursday I decided that I should make something with the Fat Quarters that I received for my birthday last Novemeber.

A couple of months ago I bought the book "fat quarter small quilts' by Darlene Zimmerman. I really like the quilt "Cinnamon Pink" and at a finished size of 14.5" x 18.5" it is the perfect size for the top of my 2 tables that sit next to my lounge chairs.

I picked out 3 fat quarters from my birthday stash and made one top on Thursday for one of the tables. Another fat quarter will be used for the backing.

I will have enough material from these 3 fabrics to make another one for the other table.

I was really impressed with my effort on Thursday.

4 comments:

Janice said...

Your mini quilt turned out really well. They will dress up the cabinets nicely.

Anita said...

Lovely! I have been wanting to do something like that for my bedside tables.

Unknown said...

Great Idea they look Fabulous.
cheers

Bec said...

Very nice, it looks great!