Wednesday, April 4, 2012

GDITC 2012 part 2

On Saturday we woke up to a really chilly morning at Nundle. I was so glad that I had visited the Nundle Woollen Mill on the Friday and bought the gloves. They soon warmed up my hands.

We headed off to the hall where we were welcomed by this gorgeous sight.


We were shown the 2 projects for the day.


This is the Clamshell Sewing Keep.


I decided to start on the clamshells and really enjoyed making them. I only got 2 rows done but was very happy with that as I've never done any English paper piecing before.


This is the Secret Treasures Sewing Box.
I'm also hoping to make this soon.


We had a swap where we made a pin cushion from one of Sue Daley's patterns. I made a applecore pin cushion but forgot to take a photo before I wrapped it.
I received this applecore pin cushion from Samantha from Walcha. I really love it.


I won 4th prize in the raffle ( a great soft toy book) and got 2 lucky door prizes. I love the pink backing fabric, exactly what I need for a quilt that I am making at the moment.

We had a really great day.

On the Friday night after dinner Sue held a Trunk Show.
She showed us her amazing quilts. Below are a sample of some of them.






I really love this Wedding Ring quilt.




Some of these quilts are so intricite. It's amazing what you can do with English paper piecing.
I don't know if I could make some of the ones above.

I really liked the 3 small quilts below and think that maybe I should start with these and see how I go.





6 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky you with the win...fantastic photos...

Unknown said...

You did so well with your Wins..
Great Pics.
cheers

carole johnston said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time,our cackle Club girl Gwenyth went and bought her lovely pin cushion for show and tell on Tuesday,she is 83 and we love her so much,she had a wonderful time.

Maria said...

How lucky to have won some goodies.
Nindle always looks like such a fabulous retreat..

Cardygirl said...

Those little quilts were cute.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your photos Allison. Those quilts and projects are gorgeous. Glad you had a great time.