Friday, March 4, 2011

Treasure has been Busy

Treasure has been very busy over the past few weeks.


This is the side fence of my house. Yes it is falling down, has mould growing all over it and in need of some TLC.


I have thought about painting my side of the fence to make it look better but as it is over 20 years old I wasn't sure if we would be able to do anything to make it look better.


After getting some quotes for new fences I gingerly went next door to approach my elderly neighbours with the idea of getting a new fence.
They were very keen on the idea especially when they saw the prices and was told that Treasure would pull the fence down and build the new one so we didn't have to pay a builder.
We then went ahead and bought all the materials and Treasure proceeded to pull the fence down.


My neighbour's son and his wife took all the rubbish to the tip.
They pulled the old tree stump and posts out of the ground.


Treasure then put up the posts and frames and then placed all the panels in place.
It is a big block of land so the fence is quite long.


It took a few weeks to build as Treasure works in Central Qld in the Mines so is away for 2 weeks or more at a time.
We now have a beautiful new colourbond fence which we are all very happy with.


It is good to have neighbours that are easy to get along with and we were able to work out together what type of fence we wanted and the colour without any disagreements.
I think I could have got any type of fence as when I was discussing it with them all John kept saying was "I don't care I just don't want a green fence", (green is my favourite colour) which was ok as I thought we should have a cream one to blend in with both houses.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of Brownie Points for Treasure he has done a Great Job ..
Looks Beautiful...
cheers

Jeni said...

The fence looks great
wont have to paint that one

Anonymous said...

Very nice AA. I love colourbond fences. Love the colour too and no upkeep needed. Wish my "treasure" would get some things done around the house :(